Western Lane Community Foundation’s stewardship and long-term investment program will maintain Food Backpack for Kids in perpetuity and provide a stable stream of income to support our mission of providing food to children at risk for hunger in the Siuslaw and Mapleton School Districts.
How Donors Can Help
By writing Food Backpack for Kids into your will, donors have the opportunity to designate a gift ensuring our continual funding.
How Planned Gifts May Help Donors
- Generate a possible deduction in high income years.
- Reduce estate or gift taxes.
- Solve estate challenges.
- Leave a legacy with an annual donation to FB4K.
The act of making a commitment to give a charitable organization a major gift over time or at death, as part of the donor’s overall estate and financial planning.
How to Get Started
- A bequest made through a donor’s will, living trust or beneficiary designation form and retirement accounts.
- Make a life income gift to FB4K through a : Charitable Remainder Trust Charitable Gift Annuity Charitable Remainder Unitrust
- Assets remaining at the termination of the trust or gift annuity may be directed to our permanent endowment fund at WLCF to support Food Backpack for Kids.
Additions to the Endowment Fund may be added to at any time by making a check payable to WLCF with an indication of the name of the fund (FB4K)
How the Endowment Funds will be used
To continue our commitment to feed children at risk for weekend hunger. The sustainability of our program depends on money raised each year. Children depend on Food Backpack for Kids. We depend on the good will, trust, and support of the community.
Consider Supporting Food Backpacks For Kids
- No child should go hungry.
- Assist K-12 children in need in our own community.
- Fund your passion of helping children by improving their lives.
- Become part of a lasting legacy.
Talk to an Attorney
Concerned about paying capital gains taxes on appreciated securities or real estate?
Receive valuable income advantages by gifting these assets to the Food Backpack for Kids Endowment Fund through Western Lane Community Foundation.
For information on Western Lane Community Foundation, contact them directly at
P. O. Box 1589, Florence, OR 97439